At Piramal Group (hereinafter referred to as “Piramal”), we take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protect your personal data. This Privacy Notice sets out the way in which we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store your personal data when you use our website or other digital platforms.
You are advised to carefully read the Privacy Notice before using this website.
Please note that our website and other digital platforms may contain links to third party websites/ digital platforms which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own digital platforms. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website/ digital platform that you visit.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person (including but not limited to name, address, e-mail address, user name, telephone number, age, date of birth, gender, education qualifications, posts and other content you submit to our sites, sensitive information such as information relating to your health life).
All personal data that we collect about you will be recorded, used, and protected by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and this Privacy Notice. We may supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you or which we receive from other organisations, for example, our sponsors and partners. Please note, if you don’t choose to provide us with the requested personal data, we will be unable to offer you our products or services.
In broad terms, we use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to administer and provide products and services you request or have expressed an interest in;
- to respond to your inquiries and complaints about our products and services;
- to communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable;
- for fraud screening and prevention purposes;
- for record keeping purposes;
- to carry out market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer;
- to track your activity on our digital platforms;
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences;
- to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms;
- to personalise and/ tailor any communications that we may send you;
- for profiling purposes to enable us to personalise and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us;
When we provide you with products or services we may collect and store any personal data that you provide to us. We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, email address and telephone number.
When you interact with our digital platforms, we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit. This is primarily to help us better understand how you use our digital platforms to enable us to create better content and more relevant communications:
- how you have reached our digital platform and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used
- your browser type, versions and plug-ins, and your operating system
- your journey through our digital platform, including which links you click on and any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, and other page interaction information
- what content you like or share
- which adverts you saw and responded to
- which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to
- your subscription status
- information collected in any forms you complete
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
Piramal may share your personal data with Piramal Group companies, business partners, service providers and other trusted third parties based outside the country in which you live so that they may process that data on our behalf as necessary, in connection with providing our products and services to you, fulfilling contractual arrangements and legal or regulatory requirements. Piramal requires that its service providers and such other third parties keep your personal data confidential and that they only use the personal data in furtherance of the specific purpose for which it was disclosed.
We may share your personal data with:
- law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information
- third party providers of services, if you have any queries about our third-party service providers, then you may contact us at email@example.com
- web analytics tool providers, if you have any queries about our web analytics tool providers, then you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may transfer your personal data to servers located outside the country in which you live or to affiliates or other trusted third parties based in other countries so that they may process personal data on our behalf. By using a Piramal site or otherwise providing Piramal with personal data, you agree to us doing so in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice and applicable data protection laws and regulations. Piramal will ensure to a reasonable extent that anyone processing your personal data outside your country of origin is required to implement measures to protect it and is only entitled to process it in accordance with Piramal’s instructions.
You are responsible for providing Piramal with accurate and complete personal data. Please notify us of any changes to your personal data. Piramal shall take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is kept accurate, complete, and current.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
In common with many other website operators, we use standard technology called ‘cookies’ on our website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal data secure and require any third parties that handle or process your personal data for us to do the same. Access to your personal data is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse and is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND WHO TO CONTACT
We provide you with reasonable access to view and review your personal data and request correction and deletion where appropriate. In order to protect your privacy, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your personal data.
You have the right to tell us if you:
- don’t want to be contacted in the future by us
- would like to delete your personal data in our records
You may correct or update your personal data at any time by contacting the data protection officer/ grievance officer.
To exercise any of the above listed rights you may contact us at email@example.com To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name, mobile/ telephone number and email address.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change our Privacy Notice from time to time and post the updated version of the same. We encourage you to visit frequently to stay informed about how we use your personal data.
HANDLING PRIVACY CONCERNS
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or concerns about how we handle your personal data, then you may contact the data protection officer/ grievance officer at firstname.lastname@example.org